"Test methods for composite materials" seminary (February 12-13, 2019 - Courtyard San Diego Central - San Diego, California) is intended both as an introduction for the novice and as a refresher for the experienced individual involved in any way with the design, manufacturing, and testing of composite components.
This involvement may range from being the technician actually performing the testing, the engineer designing the test matrix and defining the test procedures, the manager overseeing the work, and the customer who must be sufficiently knowledgeable to accept or question the test results.
- Introduction to Composite Materials Testing
- Properties of Orthotropic Materials
- Available Test Methods and Standards
- Tensile Testing
- Compression Testing
- Flexure Test Methods
- Shear Test Methods
- Multi-axial and Fracture Toughness Testing
- Testing of Fibers, the Matrix, and the Interface
- Fatigue, Impact, and Creep Testing
- Testing Equipment and Data Reduction
15 October 2018